- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager need or want.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Show respect for other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
- Let the other person do a a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other persons point of view.
- By synthetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the other nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in your appreciation and lavish in your praise.”
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
To get the real essence and use these principles with more accountability, click this Dale Carnegie principles to get more information on how to have the 12 Week Dale Carnegie training course
u09d2 Intervention Strategies After watching the Diversity in the Workplace video, this is how I would respond to the client, keeping ...
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
- ▼ 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (15)
- ► 2014 (17)
- ► 2013 (8)
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (4)
- ► 2010 (5)