2. Out of the 21 days in 8 different countries, we experience zero complaint (compared to hotels we've experience, except in Brussels we thought some dishes were not washed and towels damped).
3. We deal with actual owners of the house if there are issues (not some paid or must-be-tip concierge).
4. At least 20-50% less than hotel price in the same areas.
5. In most cases, they give you sincere tour guide because they have "lived" there in the neighborhood. Sometimes they drive you around.
2. Are willing to pay tips and get full service "hotel" feeling service rather than homely type.
3. Want full service.
4. Want consistency (Hilton or Hyatt ambiance)
5. Want structure and not flexible.
1. Make sure you filter "Super Host" which means those with almost perfect rating (but where is the fun on that?) so it will be less hassles on possible issues.
2. Use filter once in all your trips (WiFi, Animal Friendly, free breakfast, near city, etc)
3. Save on your favorites first or contact the host prior to booking.
4. Read the ratings.
5. Book early but check on some cancellation policies individual owners.
Get a free AirBnB $25.00 credit if you booked through this link: https://www.airbnb.com/c/tastro?s=3&i=1